It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Monday, July 30, 2007

Wishes for Hailey on Her First Birthday

I've thought about what I would write for Hailey's first birthday for many months now. There's really no way to express my love for her or to detail how that love grows every day. There's also no way to sum up the first year of her life in any way that would adequately capture all of the giggles, smiles, kisses, tears, and fun that we've shared. So, I decided to just write down my hopes for her in the best way I know how - a bulleted list!
  • I hope that you grow up to be a strong, independent, intelligent woman;
  • I hope that you always appreciate all of your personal strengths and have the courage to work on your weaknesses;
  • I hope that you never look in the mirror and wish that someone different would look back at you;
  • I hope that you remember that no matter how far away your family is, they will always love you and support you;
  • I hope that you someday appreciate how many hearts you've captured in just 1 year;
  • I hope that your life is enriched by many friendships;
  • I hope that you meet a man as wonderful, talented, and helpful as your father;
  • I hope that you are blessed with all of the joys that life has to offer and that you are able to learn from all of its sorrows;
  • I hope that you figure out what your talents are and use them for the good of those around you;
  • I hope that you always know how much your mother loves you.
Of course, I'm sure that I've had many more hopes for you over the past year, but I thought that I'd write down a few now. If anyone else has any wishes for Hailey, please put them in the comments.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Hailey,
    We hope that you never lose your joyful spirit, and that you spend just as much time smiling in the coming years as you have in your first! We love you girlie!
    The Songers

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Anonymous peter said...

    And I hope for all of the things your mother wrote, but I add this:

    "I KNOW that you will!"

    Love,
    Grandpa Pete

    PS. Hailey, I hope you appreciate what a wonderful mother you have. She's been the best daughter I could have asked for, and the best mother you could have asked for.

    PPS. and give her a break during your teen years.

     
  • At 11:00 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    I'm reminded of a song I used to sing to my children when they we baby. Fortunately, you are spared my voice: "May all your dreams come true. May life be good to you. May happiness follow you your life through. May all you dreams come true."

    Always remember that you are a part of something greater than yourself. You have a network of family and friends who love you so much.

    I have loved watching your mother grow up to be a smart, independent woman and a caring and loving wife and mother. She is someone I am so proud to know and call family. I hope I can watch you go through all those stages of life as well.

    Love you! Auntie Ann

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Aunt Nancy said...

    I can't express how great it was to finally meet Hailey and share in her 1 yr. birthday!!! She's beautiful... she has laughing eyes and is so happy... and she is smart and has a great personality... down to her crying face down (You know we girls don't want people see our sad faces when we cry)
    Holding her at this young age brought back many memories of me holding my girls when they were young too. It seemed like a few years ago... where did the time go? Cherish these quick passing stages... babies grow up too quickly.
    Alisa, I applaud your list of hopes for Hailey. You sure gave it a great deal of thought and expressed it so well. I'll add on a few, since you asked.

    I hope you feel happiness and joy... it comes from within, not from the material items you have.
    I hope you experience opportunity and success... remember when one door closes, another one opens.
    Always remember... respect and trust is the most valuable things you will ever earn! (and learn!)
    I hope you find and feel true love... to love and be loved is a wonderful experience.
    I hope you desire a passion to learn about God... for without Him, nothing is possible.

    Love and Hugs,
    Aunt Nancy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home