It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Friends

When I moved to Nashville, I did a terrible job of making friends in the beginning. Granted, I was in graduate school so it’s not like I had a whole lot of free time on my hands. Still, I’m trying to learn from my mistakes by really pushing to make lots of friends in Atlanta.

So far, I’ve made a ton of acquaintances from all different venues: work, the neighborhood, Luke’s work, Mom’s groups etc. Now, I’m wondering if I have so many acquaintances that I won’t have enough time to make any real long term friendships. I was talking to my college roommate, Nikki, the other day, and she mentioned that she has a “second family” of friends where she lives in Sacramento. I guess I’m hoping to get to that point here someday.

Hailey actually makes it quite a bit easier to “meet” people, but the problem is that everyone is running in different directions with their heads cut off trying to raise their children. The nerve of them! Anyway, we made a list of all of the couples that we wanted to have dinner with in the next few months and the list was overwhelming. So, I think that we’re going to have one big party instead. I know it’s not ideal, but I hope that it’s a good way to reconnect with people and get them all together. When things slow down in the fall, we can start a more personalized strategy. Wish us luck on our new friend initiative!

PS: I promise that new pictures are coming soon!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    I think it's important to make friends that are going through what you're going through. Raising a child, working, moving to a new environment.

    It's also a good idea to have people you can rely on to help out, babysit once in a while...

    Don't forget, in addition to everything else, you're still in a marriage. If the marriage doesn't work, the family doesn't work. Take time with Luke to re-connect, so you can remember the reasons why you married him in the first place. Love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home