It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Teachable Moments

Every once in a while Hailey has a moment of complete clarity in the middle of her baby babble. It’s in these quiet moments, when I can point to something, sound out the name for it, and wait for her to try to say it. We had one of those teaching sessions just the other day when I tried to get her to say “ducky” in the bath tub. I kept saying “duh kee” very slowly, and she would say “duh blah” or “duh pa,” but she was clearly trying to mimic my sound. That’s how we’ve taught her all of her words so far. It doesn’t happen very often that she has the type of focus to really listen and try, but when she does it’s amazing, regardless of whether she gets it or not. Just the fact that she’s trying and she knows what she’s supposed to be doing is such a wonderful feeling.

In other news, she has two top teeth now, and I think that she’s getting one of her eye teeth as well. There’s a lot of teething going on. I’ll try to post a picture later tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM , Anonymous peter said...

    It's just one of the many moments that you will share with your child that make life worth living. I used to tell YOU that you filled my life with love and wonder...and now you know what I mean.

    Love,
    Dad

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home