It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Friday, June 29, 2007

Dog Meet Baby Update

Ok. I got more of a full version of the story yesterday from Luke. Apparently, Hailey was harassing Josie repeatedly. I believe that may have included messing with Josie’s injured leg. Josie growled once to warn her and then got snippy, but didn’t bite. So, now I’m looking at this as a positive thing. Obviously, Hailey was really bugging Josie despite warnings. Josie didn’t bite her although she certainly could have. Now, it’s up to us as the parents to just watch their interactions very closely and intervene whenever Josie gives any type of mixed message. Josie really is a very sweet and obedient dog. I don’t think that she would hurt any of us on purpose, but accidents do happen. We just have to do our best to minimize the chances.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    Well, I know from Dollie that border collies and kids are a tough combination. Joey is an active kid and we always have more kids here running and playing. Dollie is always part of the action and chases them around. Sometimes I keep Dollie away from the kids so she doesn't get crazy.

    I think you have to give it time and give them both a chance to adjust.

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Anonymous peter said...

    Well...I certainly feel better.

    Love,
    Dad

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    After last weekend, I have all faith that Josie can handle the transition. She did so well with two babies running around! Corbin is usually nervous around big dogs (because lets face it, they all look like lions next to Bingley) but Josie was so gentle that he didn't get scared even once. She is a sweetheart and so is Hailey, so I'll bet its gonna work.

    Katie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home