It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Monday, February 09, 2009

Binky Capers...The Finale

I’m sure that you were on the edge of your seat all weekend wondering how the Binky Capers story would end. Well, let me tell you that our child is a champ! The night that we gave her the card from the Binky Fairy was the first night in her new bunk beds (pictures coming soon). She helped us round up all of the binkies in the house and put them in a Ziploc bag for Mommy to put on the porch (as per the Fairy’s detailed instructions). Then, we read a chapter of her Cindarella story, turned off the light, and she said “night night” as usual. Not another peep the rest of the night.



On Sunday morning when she woke up, she found a present and a big stuffed animal on the edge of her bed. She didn’t touch the present, but was giddy as a clam when I went in to wake her up. She was thrilled with the tea set that the binky fairy brought for her and played with it for a long time in the morning.



I would say that the whole thing was a huge success. She hasn’t asked for a binky since and even was brave enough to sleep on the top bunk last night. Of course, she didn’t take a nap on Sunday, but that’s a story for another blog.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM , Anonymous peter said...

    Honestly, I knew this would work. You two are such good parents that I knew you'd handle it just right. You reasoned with Hailey, and she bought right into it. It wasn't the fairy-tale story of it...it was the logic: give the binkies to needy kids and get reward. And the rest is history!

    Love,
    Dad/Grandpa Pete

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Anonymous katie said...

    Congratulations! That child can really roll with it can't she? I never cease to be amazed at Hailey's adaptability, she must have inherited your rationality. My kids, like me, seem to think everything is the end of the ever loving world. Corbin gave up his pacifiers, but we had to do it really gradually and make him think it was on his terms.

    On a totally unrelated note, I need you and Luke to weigh in on my latest blog. I can't think of anyone who would know better how to prank Chris!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home