It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Friday, December 22, 2006

As a mother, I sometimes come to a point during the day when I feel an overwhelming compulsion to sleep. You know, just take a little nap. Usually, at about the same time, I realize that I am absolutely famished, and dying of thirst. Oh, and I also probably have to pee. Faced with the question of which biological necessity to take care of first, I'm often incredibly frustrated for a few minutes. Then, I realize that I can't take care of any of them because Hailey needs to be fed, burped, held, changed, or cuddled. It's not as difficult as I thought to postpone my own needs to take care of her. It's just those few moments when all of my needs are

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home