It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Friday, December 22, 2006

Jeans, Jeans, Jeans



There are certain articles in every woman's wardrobe that are truly sacred - a comfortable bra, a pair of sexy underwear, a beat up college t-shirt, and a spectacularly perfect-fitting pair of jeans. Before I got pregnant, I had two pairs of perfect jeans. Of course, I paid what I would consider an ungodly amount for them. There aren't many articles of clothing that I will splurge on, but I wear jeans day after day for years and years. So, as far as I'm concerned, they're worth a pretty penny and then some.

It wasn't long after I got pregnant that I packed up my perfect jeans along with all of the other clothes that I had been wearing and put them in a box labeled "Alisa's skinny clothes." About a week after I had Hailey, I ventured into the attic to pull out that box. After all, I was skinny again, right? Wrong. It's taken me almost 5 months, but yesterday I finally squeezed myself into one of my perfect pair of jeans (the other pair are a bit smaller!). I wore them to the hockey game last night (where the Sabres clobbered the Predators). I waited all day at work to put those jeans on, and it was great! I'll be wearing them at least for the next three days. Of course, I can't wash them until I lose another pound or so because if they shrink at all, I'll be back to my maternity clothes.

In other news, Hailey made it on the jumbotron at the hockey game last night. She was wearing her Predators outfit with her Buffalo Sabres bib. She has mixed allegiances. What can you do?? She loves to go to the games and stare at the white ice. So, it was a fun time for everyone except the diehard Predator's fans, since the Sabres beat them 7-1. Yikes!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    I didn't realize Hailey was such a hockey fan. I was going to buy her a Sabre's outfit, but decided against. A shopping I will go! Congrats on the jeans. That is a big deal. Of course, I'm sure no one told you that nothing will ever fit the way it did. Just another sacrifice we make for our kids...

    So Christmas was 2 days ago. Don't we get any pictures from Hailey's first big holiday!!! Let's go, she'll be off to college before you know it!

     
  • At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Peter P said...

    I can't wait until that beautiful baby actually understands what she's watching! To see her at that hockey game, fascinated by all of the noise and colors and movement is just amazing. When she's finally old enough to understand the game(and choose her grandfather's Sabres over her father's Predators, of course), she's gonna be bugging mom and dad for season's tickets! Actually, I the best I can hope is that she has conflicted loyalties like her mother. To me, that would be a slight victory.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home